Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm Here April 19, 2013 from Perryvile R & A

(This letter was lost in the mail and just received April 29)
Sorry to only write one letter, but I only get five stamped envelopes and five pieces of  paper per month in receiving. Since I have no idea how long I will be here I am trying to conserve. Intake says they are moving pretty quick, but some of these girls have been here three weeks already, so we will see. Pray it goes fast. When I got here my roommate, my "bunkie" gave me advice, all the "street smarts" I would need here, that I could fit in my brain, before she rolled out ( assigned to a yard) in the morning. She left after breakfast, now I am alone, I like it that way. My room is right next to the showers, there are 2 showers for 96 girls in our Pod, so at recreation time I am pretty much assured a a shower-Yay!

I hope I never get used to prison smells. Nothing smells good or clean, everything smells like a public restroom, not a fancy one but like a JCPenny restroom . Yuck!

I am SHOCKED by the number of people that are in here AGAIN! it's crazy! We took tests today. In
ability in English, Language and Math. They just want you to get an eighth grade equivalency. I was the only one in my group who passed all three. I got a 12.9 in all of them. The tester said I should be a tutor, not shocking, but good. I guess it is a job that is alot of hours and pays better than most. There is a girl in intake with me she is thirty years old, six months pregnant with her eighth child and can't read. I had to fill out her paperwork for her. it's crazy, I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone. I didn't know people like this existed outside tv and movies.

I am anxious to get out of here and into a yard. I am in lockdown twenty three hours a day in a room that is freezing. Thankfully they gave us our State Issued clothing today. Two each: jumpsuits, shirts, socks, undies, shorts and thankfully a jacket. The undies are the biggest things I've ever seen, I could parachute with them! it's funny. They gave us a pillowcase, but no pillow, ha!

I'm hoping I can get ahold of a Bible soon. Right now I have a crime novel and a Jason Bourne book. I still think it is funny that prison is full of crime and murder mysteries.

I'm really thankful that God has allowed some girls to be in here who have been in here before to give advice, but he has not allowed anyone to stay long, except those who Love Jesus! Everyone else has floated in and out quickly. This means sometimes I'm alone, but I think that is his protection over me. 
Don't worry, I'm doing OK, this place is like boot camp with a bunch of crazies, but it is nothing I can't handle. Well, if I can handle all these pigeons that hang out here, I hate birds!  I will write again within the week. I Love You Xoxoxo  Mom please share this.





No comments:

Post a Comment