Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Love in the Mail - April 23, 2013

I got a fistful of letters today :) and one from myself , it was the very first one I wrote to you on the nineteenth. I was so worried about getting the return address correct, that I forgot to write an address on it to send it, so it was returned to me!. So this is an update (five days later, now we know how long the mail takes from Perryville  to Tucson).

First of  ALL, thank you for letters and pictures, they make me miss you even more, but I am really glad to have them. It makes me feel not forgotten and alone. I've had to fight that feeling a few times this week. I got a bunkie Friday after dinner. She's nice, 23, and she sleeps alot. Saturday I talked one of the Officers into giving me a Bible. It is one of those tiny Gideon Psalms-Proverbs, New Testment Ones. It took a little convincing , but he relented after I promised not to rip out the pages and use them for rolling papers.

The girls and I have figured out that we can hear each other through the vents, and have spent the last three nights singing every song we can think of. For them its a lot of ninetys rap, Selena, and Mariachi music. I told them I only know all the words to "I Love Jesus" music. They said "OK"', let's hear it! So I sang everything I could remember the words to, and they asked me to sing it again. So the nights usually start out kind of silly, with us trying to remember all the words to a Sir -Mix-A-Lot song, and end with Amazing Grace and Psalm 40. The girl next door was raised Catholic and she asks me if I will say the Lords prayer with her every night before we go to sleep. All the girls love "As the Deer Panteth For The Water", they ask for it every night, which is good because I told Seth and Ev that I'd sing it to them every night at eight. Thankfully I havent had a bunkie that minds :).

They did our interviews today and told me I will be going to Santa Cruz yard. Hopefully that will be in the next couple of days. I am thankful that they are moving as fast as they are.  Some girls that are back here again said that their first time here they were in R& A for eleven weeks! So I guess I can not complain. I wish I had more paper and envelopes and something other than this golf pencil that I have to creatively sharpen in order to write you individually. Its the first thing I'm going to buy when I get out of here. In the meantime please tell the boys thanks for their drawings and notes, I love them. Give them BIG HUGS and smooches and snuggles. Please let Jenn and Tammy know I got their letters, they were such an encouragement to me. Mom thanks for sending letters and scriptures and pictures and for keeping everyone in the loop for me.

At night when we are singing through the vents, it begins to feel less like prison, and more like church camp, even though it's just for a couple of hours. I was just telling a couple of the girls, sometimes God changes my circumstances, but most of the time in my life he chooses to change me, despite them. I can feel him doing that still now, and I am thankful for it.

I Love You and Miss You  more than I can say. Thank You for sending Love In The Mail.
They are my Treasures. I will mail this in the morning, this time with an address :).
Big Hugs and Love, Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment